Banana Pancakes with Cacao Coconut Mousse Ingredients:
- 2 (extremely) ripe bananas (mashed or blended)
- 2 eggs (whisked till foamy)
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (**see tips for more options**)
- 1 cup flour of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Cooking Spray/ Unsalted butter/ Oil for cooking
- Mix milk, bananas and half egg mixture
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix batter till most lumps have disappeared (Do not over mix)
- Gently fold in remainder of egg mixture.
- On a non-stick skillet, use cooking spray/butter/oil and set on medium heat.
- Pour a dollop of batter onto the skillet
- Flip when bubbles appear across the middle of the pancake (one minute should do)
- Let other side cook for another minute or so (or you can lift slightly with spatula to see if the pancake has browned the way you prefer)
- Remove and serve with cacao mousse (see recipe here) and a dollop of jam (check out this healthy Chia Jam Recipe) or maple syrup.
If you’d prefer a sweeter pancake then simply sweeten your milk with maple syrup or raw honey.
I often make my pancakes as a mix between pancakes and crepes. To do this, when you pour some of the mix onto the skillet, use the back of the spoon/scoop to spread it to create a thin layer across the surface.
If you want to play around with more spices, feel free to add nutmeg, vanilla or cinnamon (or perhaps a sprinkle of each one) to add more flavour.